Friday, April 22, 2011

Changes

It's not like me to go eleven days without posting. Since I launched this blog in August of 2009 I have managed, somehow, to post about twice a week. Lately, however, something has happened that will make it difficult to continue at that pace.

In late March, I was appointed President and CEO of the Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum in Cooperstown. It was a bit of a surprise, but also quite an honor. And my calendar exploded.

As I worked my way through meetings, openings, and conference calls these past few weeks, I have thought often of this blog and how I would keep it going. It is just too much fun to let go.

But to keep it going, There have to be some changes. More photo blogging. More mobile blogging, using my iPhone like I'm doing today. Perhaps posting once a week instead of twice.

There is stiil a lot to share on the topic of American folk art. I hope you all continue to enjoy this blog; maybe even more than before. It will continue to celebrate the lost and forgotten, the quirky and offbeat, the extraordinary found in ordinary people.

There's no way I'm going to let that go.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Paul! They couldn't have found a better person for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    I'm also glad you plan to continue blogging.
    I enjoy the art and history, your commentary and the discussions. An uplifting moment in my life.
    Thanks for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I appreciate the kind words, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, big congratulations, Paul, and all the best going forward.

    I'm happy for even the occasional iPhones postings! Your wonderful way of unraveling the mysteries behind the "lost and forgotten, the quirky and offbeat, the extraordinary found in ordinary people" reminds me why I'm drawn to American folk art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very deserving of this Paul May your vision take Fenimore Art Museum forward into the future!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin